Dog FoodYou've read the labels of the best commercial dog foods. You wonder if "Guaranteed Analysis" means that your dog will have corresponding guaranteed health benefits. If you spend more money for a better package, is the food better? Learn how dog food and natural supplements help make your dog healthier.
Canine Diet; Natural Nutrition for DogsHow to Prepare a Home-made Raw Dog Food Diet... Watch here!
You can easily and conveniently prepare a balanced raw food diet for your dog at home. Imagine! No preservatives, no additives, no “mystery meat”, no fillers, no grains. In fact, there’s nothing artificial about Gracie’s diet shown here.
Rules For Making a Balanced Raw Food Diet For DogsEvery dog is different and may have special needs. Ultimately, choosing the right raw foods, probiotics and supplements for your dog will help create better health and long-term health benefits. If your dog is eating commercial dog food, whether kibble or canned, you'll want to make a transition to raw.
Here are a few rules to follow when making the transition:
- Don't mix raw food with kibble or canned. Raw food is digested faster than commercial foods. Commercial foods may linger in the gut, ferment and make your dog feel uncomfortable.
- Don't give fresh grocery store meat to your dog. This meat is intended for people to eat cooked and may have too much bacteria for your dog.
- Don't give your dog cooked bones. Cooked bones splinter and may cause harm to your dog.
- Don't give grains like corn, wheat or rice. Also avoid simple carbohydrates such as white potatoes.
- Don't add bone meal which is high in fluoride and may cause cancer in bones.
- Do add different meats, including organ meats, fish and eggs to vary the sources of protein.
- Do add vegetables such as green beans, parsley and squash.
- Do add supplements including canine probiotics, immune support mushroom extract (Agarigold), oils.
There's more to it, of course. Watch my video and contact me for a consultation. We can customize your dog's diet and supplements to what your dog needs right now for better health.
Even if you did not start your dog on a raw food diet, you can transition to raw food and see the health benefits.
Health challenges may arise as your dog ages, shows signs of discomfort or serious illness, like cancer, diabetes and arthritis. Diet and good nutritional supplementation are a part of your dog's recovery and road to better health. More importantly, removing toxins first helps everything else work better. (see zeolite)
An abrupt switch to raw dog food may not be in your dog's best interest. You may have to start with cooked meat first, adding certain supplements and probiotics to support the immune system. Consult with your veterinarian to monitor your dog's health. However, as commercial dog foods often contain carbohydrates, fillers and irritants, you should see improvement in your pet's health as you make careful changes your dog needs.
Add supplements to raw food or AFTER cooking if you are giving your dog cooked food:
* I use all of these supplements for my dogs every day, for prevention. The action you take toward critical care may not vary that much in your choices of supplements, but rather in the quantity and frequency of dosing these supplements.
Always consult with your vet for diagnostic tests and evaluation. If you are seeking a non-medical approach to good health or a complimentary protocol to support your pet's immune system during crisis, I'm here to help.
Learn from the experts in raw food about zeolite and Agaricus Mushrooms.
Ginger's special needs as an insulin dependent diabetic dog required us to look for natural foods high in protein. Prescription diets didn't work for her as they were too high in carbohydrates and made her blood sugar hard to manage. As a result, we learned to prepare home made meals that were high in protein and choose the right supplements for her overall health.
You can do what we did. Follow the outline above for a raw food diet. We added specific supplements to support Ginger's blood sugar levels and promote a healthy immune system. Though it may have been a little confusing at first, we soon learned that preparing a home made meal for Ginger was the best way for her to be healthy.
I can help you sort through the confusion. Just contact me for a free consultation.
*Disclaimer- The information on this site is intended for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. It is not intended as medical advice or to replace the advice or attention of health care professionals. You may wish to consult your physician before beginning or making changes in your diet, nutritional supplementation or exercise program. The statements on this web site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
*If your dog is experiencing health challenges that are life threatening, please contact your vet immediately.
Usui Reiki Master, Karuna Reiki® Master
Language of Light Master
Holistic Wellness Consultant
Your direct source for zeolite in Portland
Your natural pet health expert in Portland
Your local Reiki natural healing in Portland
Your center for Advanced Reiki Training in Portland